What is The Automatic Museum Guide?
The Automatic Museum Guide is a revolutionary technology for museums that empowers curators to create fully immersive multimedia experiences and engage visitors through navigation, guidance and narration. The app allows visitors to explore exhibits, with audio and other content being triggered automatically as they move through the museum.
With the Automatic Museum Guide visitors get an unforgettable and rich experience, and museum curators are empowered through content control and a better understanding of visitor behavior.
How is the app used?
The user selects their desired language from the home page and the app displays a venue floor map, exhibits and user location. The app detects where a visitor is located and when the visitor approaches exhibits, the app automatically plays a corresponding guide in the form of audio, video, text or HTML content.
The app can be downloaded and used on a visitor’s personal mobile device or on a cheap Android device provided by the museum.
Get Your Own Branded App!
Enhance your Museum experience and increase brand visibility and engagement with your own branded app. Upload your logo, graphics and content and manage your own in-app content. You have complete control over the content which can be added, changed or removed in the Creator CMS at any time.
Try for free!
Everybody can create and test their own limited indoor tours and games in the Locatify Creator CMS and generic TurfHunt test-app free of charge.
- Custom Branded app increases online agency and visibility of brand online
- Offline content installed app on the device does not require internet access to operate
- Multilingual allowing visitors to listen, watch or read descriptions in various languages
- Indoor and Outdoor exhibits supported all in one app via BLE beacons and GPS
- Venue map so visitors know where they are at any time with access to information about objects in different rooms
- News and announcements can be delivered to visitors directly through the app
- Treasure hunt games support active learning and encourage people to explore the venue
- Custom Map Markers allow customers to monetize their app with advertisement for cafes, shops and other points of interest on the museum map
- Coupons to advertise and offer discounts for cafes, shops and other points of interest on the museum map
- Collect visitor details with optional login page
- Admin Mode for staff to follow up on beacon’s activation
Additional revenue and simplified procedures for museums:
- Improve the customer experience leading to positive reviews and increased visitor numbers
- Increased brand exposure and ability to extend the museum experience after the visitor leaves the venue
- Sell additional digital audio tours
- Increase sales for Gift Shop/Restaurant via integration into the tour
- Visitor analytics and visitor traffic heat maps
- Identify key attractions and measure visitor frequency for various exhibits
- Reduce costs and time by implementing technology that is easily updated as exhibits change, meaning easier display set-ups and lower costs of installation
- Simple installation as the app does not require any excessive work and can therefore be done fast. BLE transmitters are installed on the walls and do not need external power supply. Because of the small size they also do not affect the appearance of the museum’s rooms
Increase customer satisfaction and engagement:
- Interpret the story with ease as the visitors approach exhibits and artifacts the story is told through multimedia
- Simplified guidance as museum curators do not have to rely on signs and MP3 players to deliver information to visitors
- Easy to use app – The guides are played automatically when visitor approaches the pre-set exhibits and artifacts, and doesn’t require visitor to press any buttons
- Embrace the smartphone culture and engage audiences as innovative technology is adopted across various industries to increase customer satisfaction
Included in the package:
- Software: Powerful yet simple to use content management system (CMS) to create, publish and manage in-app content and locations easily and in a time efficient manner
- Branded Automatic Museum Guide App published to Locatify Google Play and App Store accounts. Publish to your own App Store Account incurs Apple App Store fee of $99/year. Google Play has a one-time fee of $25
- Support: Professional support including a reasonable service-level agreement (SLA)
- Hardware (Optional) : Locatify can supply affordable low end Android Devices
- Onsite Installation (Optional) : Certified local installation partners including warranty or do it yourself with assistance of training material
- Indoor Activation and Venue: To determine the visitors location indoors we use industry standard Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons and cutting edge Ultra-Wideband (UWB) for precise indoor positioning and triggering of content. Installation of the BLE Beacons or Ultra-Wideband anchors is fairly easy, fast and require minimal maintenance.
- Outdoor Activation and Map: To determine visitors location outdoor we use Global Positioning System (GPS) and there is no additional installation required
“The Locatify system makes it simple to create and publish your own tours, add updates and new content as projects develop.”
Interpretation Editor, National Portrait Gallery, London
“Locatify developed an audio guide for Eldheimar, which is a very important part of the museum. The cooperation with Locatify is very good, the company is enthusiastic and professional.”
Director, Eldheimar Museum, Vestmannaeyjar