1. Log in at Login and enter “Create New Project” enter your project’s name, choose a language and select “Tour Guide”.
2. First, fill in “Tour Information”. The next steps are the same as for the treasure hunts, you will upload a logo, select a language and write the name of the game and the additional information required. Directions to first waypoint is optional. Remember to save before you next step when you select the “Map” button in the upper right corner.
3. Place a pin on the map: First off, you need to put down some pins on the map, for the interesting places you want to mark.
Select the pin icon on left under Add Destination. Then, to place your first point of interest on the map, simply click on the map to pinpoint the location. After you have placed a pin on the map you can drag it around with your mouse to adjust its position. It is essential to have at least two blue pins.
You can use the mouse scroll button to zoom in, so you have more detailed control of the position.
4. Info pin:
You can also place an info pin on the map, those are the pins with i inside, “Add information”. Info pins are like the regular pins, you can put in the same data, but you can’t connect them with other pins.
5. Editing point data:
But deciding a pin is not enough. After pinpointing the place on the map, it’s time to put some meat on the bones. To edit a point, simply click on the pin, to open up the options.
6. Activation location:
The option bubble has two tabs. When it opens, the ‘Basic Info’ tab is selected. Here you can specify the exact coordinates for the point of interest, and set the radius of active area.
You will also need to enter the text, which will appear, on the device screen when a user reaches the point of interest. The available languages are the ones you have selected for the tour. To enter a text for a specific language, click on the bar for that language. Enter a title for the point and a description.
Select point image: You select the image in the Media Manager with the drag and drop system or uploading a file. The image will appear when a user reaches a point of interest.
Lastly, you will put in the audio file, “Select media file” and get the audio file you want to upload from your computer. After you selected your audio file, you will need to press it to insert it into the right place. The Media Manager works the same way for audio and images.
7. Saving and closing:
After you have put in information or changed anything, the ‘save’ button becomes active. When it is active, you can click on it to save your changes. It is important to do so, otherwise the changes you make will be lost when you close the options bubble.
When you are done editing, you can close the option window by clicking the X.
8. Connecting points: If you decide to make a tour with a specific route the next thing you need to do is define in which order the points are.
Select the icon with” Connected pins” from the control bar on the left hand side. Then, to connect two points, first click the first one, then the second one, and so on. Note that a line appears between the points for your convenience, but it will not be visible when user is in a tour. Do not close the circle.
9. Create a path: You can create a path that will appear on the device’s map to show people the best way to go around, to enjoy the tour. To create a path you select the ‘Create Path’ icon from the control bar above. Draw out the path by clicking on the map and placing points on the map. You can move the points around on the map if you want to adjust the path. If you want to remove a dot in your path in a tour you click it.
10. Deleting lines or adding direction to next destination: To remove a connection between two points, click on the triangle. A popup window will appear where you can press “Delete” or fill in direction to next destination. Be sure you zoom in close so you won’t don’t delete a pin. Direction to next destination are optional.
11. Deleting points:To delete a point of the map, click on the pin icon for the point you want to delete and select ‘Delete’ from the menu. This point will be deleted as well as all data associated with it, such as pictures and language data. This will also delete connections to and from the point, but if you have created a path it will not be deleted.
12. Testing the tour: Before you publish your tour, it is a good idea to test it well, to make sure everything works.
In order to test your tour, you need to make it available to your device. Go to the “Actions” menu and select “Publish”. In the “Test on device” section, press the “Test” button. Then a code will appear. You will use this code to test the tour on your device, it can be used both in Android and IOS. In the SmartGuide app on the front page you will write the code in “Redeem Invitation”.
13. Submitting tour for an approval:
Finally, when you are pleased with your tour, you can publish it for yourself and others to enjoy. But first if you are publishing in a Locatify app you need to submit the tour for approval. Again, go the Action menu and select ‘Publish’. A publish window will pop up. This time, go to the ‘Submit for approval’ section.
If you would like to publish a tour in your own app please contact us.
14. Publish the tour: After your tour has been approved you need to publish it. Click the ‘Manager action’ on the menu bar at the top of the screen, and select “Publish tour to app”. Select the app you want to publish your tour in, in the drop down menu. Now you can publish your tour by pressing the “Publish’ button.”